Hee-hee, Witches Tea. . .

Today was a lazy kind of day.  You know the kind where you just take it easy in the morning as if you didn’t have a care in the world.

As I began to think out what I might do throughout the day the list started to increase.  Sew on my quilt, mow the lawn, work on a Thanksgiving banner. etc., etc..

  Just wondering, do you do that?  Make a mental list daily?  I do.  But no worries if it doesn’t happen.  Just a phone call from a friend can change my plans in an instant.  lol!

Today it wasn’t a phone call, it was a knock at the door.

Much to my surprise it was Gertrude, Witch Hilde’s cousin.  She was out for a test ride on her new broom.  A super fast model I might add.

How could I not see that she had dropped in for a spot of tea?

IMG_2630

I pulled out this little topper that I just finished.  Almost embarrassed to admit that I started it about 10 years ago.  Yes, I made the witches, put it up and didn’t finish it till now.  Can I get a hallelujah?

I urged her to park her broom next to my Nevermore cabinet.  See it there on the right?  Isn’t it a beauty?

IMG_2663

IMG_2642

I knew she had come dressed for tea.  In her Halloween finest.  A beautiful coffee filter bow on her hat along with glittery tuelle, pom-poms, and her spider friend.

IMG_2645

it was adorned with scrabble words and tags of some of her favorite things.

IMG_2644

Three pretty flowers were clipped to her flouncy skirt.

IMG_2643

When she turned just right her skirt lifted and I spied this cute newspaper underskirt embellished with glitter.

IMG_2648

Let’s light the candles to create a cozy atmosphere.

IMG_2640

and pull out white teacups for this polka-dot tea.

IMG_2634

If you ask me, polka-dots are wicked fun.  I  just love them!

IMG_2635

IMG_2638

Treats and tea for Gertrude and me!

IMG_2662

A special little treat of licorice caramels.  Find the recipe here:  Wonderfully Wicked Treats

IMG_2641A

Before she left we took a moment to thumb through our ‘Witches Travel Guide’.

IMG_2650

IMG_2651

IMG_2654

We talked about why we love Halloween.

IMG_2653

And studied some of our potions and elixirs

IMG_2656.

We reminisced about last years convention,

IMG_2658

and marked the calendar for this important date!

IMG_2659

Hee-hee, you see even witches love tea!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Sunday View for Inspired Sunday

Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday

Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday

Bernideens Tea Time Blog for Friends Sharing Tea

Antiques and Teacups for Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

39 comments

Kris said...

Oh, I love it Jann!!! So much fun!!! And hooray for finishing that darling quilt. Love the colors in it! So vivid!
Your previous post was adorable. Your family is beautiful. You all remind me of my family!!!! We love to do things together and have a fun time, when we do!!
xo Kris

mimi_62 said...

What a fun post, Jann!! Loved it.

Julie Marie said...

Eeek!... you are just adorable Jann... okay... I am going to just hop on my broom and fly the short distance to see you!... I can't believe we live so close yet have never gotten together!... your Halloween tea is spooktacular!... I love how you do Halloween up big... suddenly, I am ten years old again seeing your post... well, okay, I act ten years old again many days, but this so reminded me of the fun time Halloween was as a little girl... I still love it!... your witches travel guide just might be my favorite... now I want to make one before Halloween has come and gone... Happy Haunting!... xoxo Julie Marie

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
First of all the quilt is adorable. All the halloween stuff is fantastic. You need to open up your house for a Halloween Tour. Sell tickets!!!! So many fun things.
Kris

Terri said...

Hello Jann,
Your Halloween themed tea is fabulous! I love your quilted topper, no matter how long it has taken you. I am on year 2 now for my quilt....
Your tea table is wonderful with the polka dots, the spider needlework and your delicious treats.
Can I come knock on your door for tea too? Gertrude (love her attire!)knocked on the right door : )
Hugs,
Terri

Jeannie Marie said...

It's all just incredibly fantastic! I love the Witches Travel Guide. How interesting it looks! So many fun pages! But the quilt is so cute, it's hard to think it would take so long. Congratulations. I wish I had been a spider on the wall at that tea!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Jan!!! I so love this fantastic post. I'm glad you finished the Halloween table topper. Its just divine. Your witch is to die for and so is the journal. I also loveee the banner and heck!!! I love all your décor.
Happy Halloween XXOO,
Marie Antoinette

Diane said...

What cute Halloween decor. Love your quilt and vintage hutch all decked out with just the right amount of creepiness!

Linda W. said...

What a fun post! I enjoyed reading it. Loved your Halloween themed topper. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

So much to love here. I love the Nevermore cabinet and I am pinning the adorable witch hat. What a great post!

ibshell said...

Oh yeah! My house next!! ;)
Witches are my favorite part of Halloween. I do make a list every morning. Sometimes mental, sometimes too long to not write down. I love the polka dots too...good whimsical fun!!

NanaDiana said...

Oh, I love it, Jann! Witches and all. That is such a cute little pieced top. I am glad you finsihed it. Things are looking rather spooktacular at your house- xo Diana

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Such a clever idea for tea and lots of imagination putting it together. A group of witches together with a pot brewing could be a fun gathering.

Shirley Hatfield said...

Thanks for the tea...and the charming company...lol! I could almost hear her chortle with glee! =D

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Jann, you are so creative! I love the polka dots! And as for little white pumpkins; love them too. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea with me.

Blessings,
Sandi

Createology said...

You are Wickedly clever and I am entranced with your post of such Halloween fun. You should be part of the Madamm Samm Wicked blog hop. I love everything you have shared. I think I am turning envy green and sprouting warts...Oh No! I'm melting...

Tea in the Library said...

Fun post! Love the toppers - so halleluiah! Love the ruffled jadeite cake plate toooo! Did you think I'd miss commenting on that!? I laughed when I saw your Halloween altered book. I made one last year and my daughter 'borrowed it' before I got pictures. We do often seem to be on the same wave length. Have a blessed week!

priscilla said...

Love the quilt ! You are so imaginative ! Love all your fabulous ideas for decorating !

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a fun post, Jann!!!!! I LOVE your quilted topper. You did a great job on fabric choices and yes, some projects get put off, but YOU FINISHED IT! Hooray! I wish I could stop by to share some tea with you. xo

Sarah said...

Jann, it's obvious you had fun with this post, and I'm here to say I had fun reading it. Yes, Hallelujah! Your witch topper is adorable. I can certainly relate. I've many projects in various "in process stages". And I've even finished a few in recent years. Yes, indeed, HALLELUJAH!
The witches here flew off for a picnic late this afternoon. Stop by tomorrow to see what they are up to. '-)

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a delightful tea party with your witchy friend! And, you made me feel better knowing someone else can take 10 yrs. to finish a craft.

LindyLouMac said...

Hi Jann, just wanted to say thanks for your lovely comments, so much appreciated, I am happy to be back amongst my virtual friends blogging.
I do not celebrate Halloween but you have done a lovely post.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

wonderful...kind of makes me wish I was a witch and could stop by for tea as well

Anonymous said...

Orange dot dishes! :)

Nancy said...

Cute post, Jann! You are beyond creative. Love the quilt, and all the bling in your fabulous decorations. Thanks for sharing.

Rose L said...

LOL So cute!

lynne said...

Adorable, Jann! Both the pictures and the writing!! Truly enjoyable!

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh my gosh - how fun is this?!!! Loved your attention to detail! The book is fab!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Leann

Unknown said...

That was awesome! I was a bit sad it ended. Love the glitter on the underskirt :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love this post you did and the witch and tea! The scrap book is so cute too. You are so creative and talented! I love it. Wishing you a Happy Halloween.
Julie

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh my, what a fun Halloween post, Jann! Looks like you had lot of fun with Gertrude! You have done a wonderful job with the adorable little quilt, it makes a perfect topper :)Loving the polka dots, just the right touch for Halloween! Thanks for this week's party! Happy Halloween! Hugs, Poppy

Unknown said...

What a fun post! Love it!!~~Angela

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a great post! Love the table quilt and all your fun touches. So cute! Thakns for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sparky said...

bless your heart to the wicked time...love the witches tea quilt

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love the polka dot plates also...great tea...

Candy S said...

Hi Jann, I am your newest follower. I love the black candelabra. It really has the Halloween spirit. So cute! The quilted topper is equally cute, especially the polka dot cat. And the polka dot plates are just the sweetest of all.... Candy

Tardevil said...

What a cute quilt! Your Halloween tea party is fabulous! Glad to have found your blog!

The Charm of Home said...

This is wonderful Jann!

Kathy said...

this looks like so much fun - the witch's travel guide looks fantastic! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Instagram