Halloween Wreath

The ‘witching hour’ is almost nigh. . .

IMG_2689

Soon, yes very soon; the crow will caw. . .

IMG_2690

And the bats will fly!

IMG_2691

Little goblins that look so sweet. . .

IMG_2692

Will soon be saying, “Trick or Treat”!

IMG_2697

Sweet goodies they will gladly take. . .

Chocolate, gummies, even a cupcake.

 

I made my fun Halloween wreath at a workshop held at my hairdressers salon.

IMG_2694

It was a fun ‘girls night out’.  We were served delicious bread and soup while we enjoyed a night of visiting and creating.

We pinned layers of paper, coffee filters, tissue, and paper doilies onto a straw wreath. (Tip:  wrap the wreath with tuelle so it won’t be so messy)   This created the base.

IMG_2698

IMG_2693

IMG_2702

Then we made and tucked in black and orange tissue paper flowers and other fun objects.  Last of all we added tuelle, burlap, and cute fabric strips.

IMG_2700

IMG_2699

Perfect Halloween addition to my chippy green door!

IMG_2701

Less than a week a way until the fun day!

hugs,

Jann

*This post was featured at Boogieboard Cottage

p.s. I want to thank Jody from Rooted in Thyme for featuring my Front Porch Greetings post at Simple and Sweet Fridays.  Also thank you to Debra from Common Ground for the same post as being one of the top visited links.

Also thank you to Sandi for featuring my   Milk and Cream Table at her Home party!

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Funky Junk Interiors for Salvaged junk wreaths

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

Monday Funday

The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday

The Scoop

Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home

28 comments

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Sounds like a great night out with the girls. Your wreath came out so great. I am telling you, you are the Halloween Queen.
Kris

NanaDiana said...

That wreath is just over the top. I love it. Glad you had fun with the girls. You have done a great job with Halloween all the way around! xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your wreath!!...and the owl beside it!! We had trick or treat tonight and it was very windy and cold...but the kids all looked so cute.
hugs,
Cindy

camp and cottage living said...

It does sound like a fun night out with your friends.
I'm looking forward to seeing those little goblins too!

Maureen Wyatt said...

I really like your wreath and how great that you had fun folks to make it with!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

What a happy halloween wreath. Love the details.
Joy

Sarah said...

Darling wreath, Jann. Sounds like a fun evening.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Great project Jann! And it looks like a reasonable low cost one to make. Love the bat and crow stuck in there.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings, Edie Marie

priscilla said...

Fabulous Jann ! Love that green door !
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend !

Susan Freeman said...

What a fun and clever wreath. Great job!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You've got a little bit of everything tucked into your wreath, Jann! Is that an eye of newt I see? hehe

I found a very similar beadboard door and I can't wait to hang a wreath on it....as soon as I find a place to hang it! Happy Halloween!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun wreath!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the image of the little girls looking at the pumpkin. Great wreath on the beauty of a door..adore that color green

lynne said...

That is a major wreath! How fun to get together like that. My favorite thing is the old picture of the little boy and girl!! Love it!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That's a perfect wreath! The colours are traditional and the textures make it very intersting. You were truly inspired.

Art and Sand said...

What a fun wreath. I have done no Halloween decor - just kept it simple with fall - but maybe I will do something fun to decorate for the next 4 days until Halloween.

Julie Marie said...

Love that Jann!... so cute... you and your girlfriends have too much fun!... thanks so much for visiting today... I visited so many at your party... but got hardly any visitors on mine... I really appreciate you stopping by my witch post and leaving your sweet comment!... xoxo Julie Marie

21 Wits said...

What a sweet little tale this was! The photos are perfect with every line.

Nancy said...

I get my Halloween fix right here at your blog, Jann. So much fun. I really love that vintage Halloween card. So sweet.

Lulu said...

Now this wreath is something I would very much like to make. Such a fun idea, and with the paper flowers, I see that it would have to hang inside.

Diane Writes said...

Hi Jann! Been a while since I last visited your blog :( I've been very busy with work lately to the extent that I don't often had the chance to visit other bloggy friends.

What a unique and cute wreath. I like it! Your creativity never fails to inspire me.

Have a great week!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The wreath is soooooo cute!

Cynthia said...

Jann this wreath really came out cute. Love the bow on the bottom the fabric is cool.

Cynthia

Winnie said...

I think the wreath is really beautiful!!
And the owl is sooooooo cute!

I wish you a fun Halloween

Stacey said...

That's adorable!

Cindy DIY beautify said...

Absolutely precious!!

Dana Bishop said...

This is the most lovely Halloween wreath I have ever seen! It's amazing. Maybe next year for me.

Mary said...

I love this!!!!I featured you this week at Boogieboard Cottage, Take care, Mary

Instagram