Good Things Come to those Who Wait!

Happy Halloween! May the goblins pass over you and no witches bring you fright!  Hee-hee!

Well, it’s happening. . .I’m doing something I never thought I would.  That is start taking down my Halloween décor before Halloween.  I have a friend that does this every year and we give her such a hard time.  Now, I must eat my own words!

On Weds. I started thinking of everything I needed to get done before our daughter and sil arrive home late Fri. night from their year of touring Europe.  Did I mention that they will be living with us for a few months?

So yup it happened.  I started swapping out my décor.  Right now it’s half Halloween, half Thanksgiving.  I will leave the entry and living room until tomorrow.

Now, onto today’s post.  I’m here to tell you my friends that ‘good things do come to those who wait’!

For years I have envied  loved my older sisters seed box.  It actually was her daughters.  She bought it at a yard sale but it was so big that she had no where to use it in her house.  For years my sis has been gladly keeping it for her.

IMG_2727

Well guess who is the proud owner of it now?  Yup, MOI!

This baby is a beaut!  She is a whopping 30” long.  I love how the touches of turquoise look with my painted island as a back drop.

IMG_2719

IMG_2720

IMG_2722

A little time worn, but still gorgeous!  Now if you are through admiring the graphics and sweet latch just get a load of this.  J.F.Y.I.  Carpenter Seed Co. is still located in Provo, UT.

IMG_2723

The inside is just as wonderful.  You can see why I have drooled over this for so many years, right?

I took this picture just so you could see how large it is.  Also notice my sweet runner.  I bought it at an estate sale for $5.  The lace is all handmade.  I wanted to give it a soft touch so I pulled it up a little.  Couldn’t be because I was covering a small hole. lol!

IMG_2721

I must admit, she’s everything I ever thought she would be.  I think I see a smile on her face now that she has her belly full!

IMG_2724

I love when you can shop the house and have pretty much everything you need for what you want to do.  I did buy the new turkey at T.J. Maxx and the tomato.

IMG_2725

The other veggies I borrowed from the play house.  Other than the watermelon.  I borrowed it from my sister, Jeanne.  Oh, just noticed the burlap bag with leaves and berries.  Picked it up recently also.  It was only $5.

IMG_2729

Don’t forget to eat your veggies my friends.  They’re good for you!

IMG_2730

I remembered that I had this garden book so I tossed it in.

IMG_2732

IMG_2728

Can’t wait for the ‘big day’!  Not sure whether to say Happy Halloween or gobble gobble!

That’s what happens when you’re between decorating.  Either way, have a happy day!

hugs,

Jann

p.s. I want to thank Mary from Boogieboard Cottage  for featuring my Halloween Wreath and Deb at Lavender Garden Cottage for featuring my Witches Tea!

Thanks so much ladies!

This post was featured at A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Common Ground for Be Inspired

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

The Scoop

Knick of Time Tuesdays

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

No Minimalist Here for Open House Party

37 comments

mimi_62 said...

love it, Jann. Happy Halloween.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

What a great gift. When I think of all the items that were old and I gave them away before I started blogging I could kick myself. Oh well can't cry over spilled milk.
I love how you decorated you seed box. It is fabulous.
Have a great time catching up with your daughter.
I might even start taking down my Halloween decorations in the house but will leave up the stuff out on the porch until tomorrow. Stop by and see both of my posts.
Happy Halloween.
Mary

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Really nice gift and homecoming!

Susie said...

Jann, I love the way you have displayed that box. It is so charming. Hope you enjoy it many many years. xoxo,Susie

Fishtail Cottage said...

wow - I've been looking for a few years now for a seed box like this one! beautiful! oxox

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh Jann, this is fabulous!! I've not seen one like this before and I can guarantee that it's worth a small fortune! Please come link up over at Be Inspired, I'd love to feature this next week!!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh I love the incredible box and love how you can use it in so many creative ways...I love things like that and I am always glad I saved them for the day I will create with them...love your post,,come on over for a visit...love to see your comments..

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That seed box is so fabulous and I love how you filled it! I can't believe it, but I took down my Halloween decorations yesterday. I'm with my Grandson all day and just knew I wanted it put away and I put out thanksgiving things. Enjoy your family coming home!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Girl, that box is wonderful....my kind of decorating! Enjoy your long waited for gift!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love that seed box. I looks so great how you decorated it too!

Tea in the Library said...

Oooh!!!! Drool! Drool! It's a beauty and I love how you decorated it! I don't blame you for getting the decorating done now! I love all the gourds too!
God speed to your daughter & sil. How happy to have your daughter under your roof for a bit. Have a VERY blessed week!

Tea in the Library said...

Forgot to say - love the book in there - perfect touch!

Art and Sand said...

So happy for you that your daughter and SIL will be back and living with you. I am loving having my daughter down the street - I am shopping for 2 houses now.

If you want someone to hold that box for you, I could just see it on my table. Of course, it is half the length of my table. What a great box!

Debby Ray said...

Jann...it is Thursday (Halloween) and I am sitting here at work...and yes, I will be taking down Halloween decorations before I go home for the weekend (no Fridays for me...yay). They are all but gone for another year! I just LOVE that seed box and all of the cool stuff you have "stuffed" it with! Thanksgiving is on it's way!

Kathe said...

I love your seed box vignette Jan! I can't wait to see it decorated again and again! Happy Halloween!!

NanaDiana said...

I love your seed box- WOW~ What fun to have that. It is wonderful that you have family coming home to stay for a while....even if they will miss all your Halloween decor- xo Diana

Salmagundi said...

I'm so envious - I have wanted a REAL seed box for ages. Have never found one I could afford. Yours has found a good home! Sally

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

I'm so glad you got the seed box....it's wonderful! and I love how you styled it...very nice!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Happy Halloween!

LOVE this seed box, and so glad you have it now- couldn't have gone to a more appreciative recipient!

HUGS!!

priscilla said...

Love your new seed box ! ( and everything inside it :) I am taking down Halloween tomorrow and in about 2 weeks starting Christmas decorating ! Can't wait !

The Victorian Girl said...

You are so lucky to get the seed box! Love the old graphics. "Good things come to those who wait."

sweet violets said...

Wow, you are one lucky lady, the box is spectacular!!!!!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love, love, love the old seed box!! What a treasure!! How wonderful that you will have your daughter and son-in-law living with you for a while. I'm sure lots of great memories will be made.
hugs,
Cindy

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I can see why you love that box! You filled it like an expert!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my! This is wonderful! The box is incredibly beautiful and the bounty you've filled it with is perfect. Love it!

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

What a beautiful treasure!! Lucky you!! You've filled it perfectly too. Thanks so much for coming to visit me and my sock monkeys -- your granddaughter has fabulous taste! Must get it from her Grandma. ;)

Rose L said...

Never seen a seed box before. It is so cool!

Karen Valentine said...

Ooohhh!! I can see why you wanted so badly! It's divine!!!! Thanks for popping by my blog!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Susan Freeman said...

That seed box is fabulous and I love the way you have decorated it. It's the perfect backdrop for your fall decor. I have that same American Garden Book. I bought it at an antique shop and have referred to it often.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sarah said...

Fabulous seed box, and even more so with its belly full. Love the way things can be passed along through a family so that they are appreciated by many. It looks great on your table. One question. How do you get the lid to stay open and standing straight? I've tried to fill tins and can't figure out how to keep the lids from falling shut.

Lulu said...

With your decor being half and half it will be an easy transition to Thanksgiving. I love your Seed box!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a treasure that box is, and the arrangement that you did is lovely! Oh you must be so happy about your daughter coming back ...good times! :)

LivingVintage said...

Your seed box is amazing. I love it. The graphics are still amazing, and it's in fantastic shape.

The Tablescaper said...

A beautiful transition to Thanksgiving. Thank you for bringing this to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Kathy said...

Woo Hoo! congratulations - this is an amazing box! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
kathy

http://genealogytrot.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
http://genealogytrot.blogspot.com said...

Hello Jann, my name is Mat Trotter. My Great-Grandfather Theodore Taylor started the Carpenter Seed Company. My grandfather Richard Trotter also worked in the store. My grand-uncle Ted Taylor is still in the family business. I tried to write a blog about it here [http://genealogytrot.blogspot.com/2014/01/mistakes-can-also-bear-fruit.html]. I have heard my uncle and father tell stories about packing the seeds into these boxes and my grandfather driving all over the southwest delivering them. I appreciate you sharing the pictures.

Instagram